Chrysanthemum tea is a popular beverage in southern during summertime.
Traditionally as a plant, it is used to treat chest pain, high blood pressure, diabetes, fever cold, headache, dizziness and swelling.
|Photo courtesy: http://www.herbalteasonline.com/|
Please take note also of its side effects.
For the pregnant women and those breast-feeding, you may take extra precaution. Before taking in, seek advice from your doctor.
For those who are sensitive to plants, you may also take precaution. Chrysanthemum is a member of Arteraceae/Compositae family, which also includes ragweed, marigolds, and daisies.
Here are some of its benefits:
1. It has Vitamin C, which relieves tension in the head and sinus during colds.
2. It is caffeine free. It is free from all side effects of anxiety and nervousness from coffee.
3. It is good for detoxifying the liver. It helps lower cholesterol levels.
4. It has a natural coolant. It helps lower the temperature of the body. That is why it's the most favorite tea in China during summer.
5. It helps in the treatment of coronary artery disease and even varicose veins.
6. It as a property that rejuvenates the brain.
7. It calms the nerves.
8. It provides relief in sore throat and eye irritation.
9. It makes the lungs strong.
10. It helps ease digestion.
WebMD, LLC (http://www.webmd.com/)
Be Well Buzz, USA (http://www.bewellbuzz.com/)