I love coffee. Who doesn’t?
Oh, I could sense that some of you are raising your hands right now. Sorry, this is only for the coffee lovers. Go on, you can leave now and close this page. Kidding!
|Photo courtesy http://eatlocalgrown.com/|
In case you’re just curious, here are some of the benefits of drinking 2 cups of coffee every day.
1. It has more antioxidants that fruits and vegetables combined. (Reference: Journal of Nutrition) A cup of coffee also contains minerals like Folate, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and the following Vitamin B-complex components, which are good for body growth and red blood cell production:
11% Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
6% Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)
2% Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
2% Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
2. Compared with tea and chocolate, coffee contains the highest caffeine, which is a stimulant that can enhance brain function and boost metabolism.
3. Coffee drinkers have lower risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other old age diseases.
4. It lowers the risk of having type 2 diabetes
5. It lowers the risk of liver diseases.
6. Coffee drinkers have lower risk of depression and suicide.